Friday 31 December 2010

New year, new me?

This year (2010) has to be one of the quickest years I have ever witnessed. And as it's the last day of 2010, I think it's the best time to reflect on what has happened over the past 12 months.

  • I've lost someone very dear to me, but I have gained someone very special.
  • I turned my grades around when it seemed impossible, and with that came more confidence in myself.
  • I did something I never thought I would ever do, a wild holiday in Corfu with 2 girl mates from college. And that's another thing, I never thought it would be with "girl mates" after all my previous trouble with friendships.
  • I had 2 very important dreams made true by one very special guy.
  • I found the confidence to read publicly at a funeral service. And to not stutter for the first time.
  • I realised that there is so much more to my future than a career. And that the taste I had of travelling independently this summer, is something I want to pursue more broadly whilst I'm young.
  • I had my first job, which taught me a lot about people and a lot about managing my money and how good it felt to earn my own money and never have to ask my parents.
Mostly importantly, it was a year of firsts for me. Some I'm glad I experienced, and a few, not so much. But I can safely say I have learnt a lot valuable life lessons.

So onto new years resolutions. My 2010 new years resolution was to not eat a single crisp for the whole year. And I haven't! So I'm starting to think, perhaps that was a bit too easy. My original idea was to keep a daily diary of thoughts, a bit like bridget jones I guess. So in a few years time when I read it back, I can recall the months leading up to and after I turn 18 and become a legal adult. I think this is what I shall do :)
I also have alot of other things I want to complete this year, it's going to be very exciting!

Wishing anyone who reads this crap a very happy new year and hope that all that they wish for comes true. Because if the right person comes along, your dreams can come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment